Still miss you mom

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Still miss you mom

Postby les » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi - I don't know if anyone on here remembers me but it is two years today since my mom, Bev died from PSP.

You guys helped me a lot and I just wanted to say Hi!

I went on with my life and I met someone and we are living together. I also got a job as a dietary aide at the nursing home my mom used to be in. I had a lot of experience from taking care of her and feeding her and I ended up applying at that nursing home and they hired me and I am doing really well and I love it there.

I went out with my dad for supper and for dessert we shared a piece of lemon pie, my mom's favorite from that restaurant. he used to take her that pie to the nursing home all the time because it was soft and she could eat it. So we shared a piece in her memory and we talked a lot and it felt really good to talk about her and share memories even if we did cry.

It is sad to think I will never again see her in this life. but what comforts me is I do believe in God, so I just hope I will be with her again one day eventually.

She was the most soft-hearted person I ever knew and thats what I miss about her so much. She loved me unconditionally.

Love you mom, forever,
Lesley
My mom, Bev, passed away January 29/08 from PSP
les

Postby eplowman » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:13 am

Lesley,

A nice update. Thank you for posting.

Yes, there IS life after PSP. It was great hearing of your treasured moments with your dad. When he's with you, I'm sure he's reminded anew of the good times you all had together, and the love he had/has for your mom. Stay close to him.

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby Robin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:58 am

Les,
My condolences again on your dear mother's passing. Glad to hear you've shared some good memories today with your father.
Robin
Robin

Return to Grief Support