is there something wrong with me?

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

is there something wrong with me?

Postby tony111b » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:26 am

its been 18 weeks to the day that my beautiful mom passed away. i need help i cant describe my feelings for example when i visit moms grave i feel as if i just go there because i have to not because i want to is that normal? i haven't cried much either even though i watch all my family cry including my father. i am the youngest child of 8 and was the closes to my mom i was the only child remaining in the family home with my parents so i saw her suffering and watch day by day the disease take over her body. i used to site beside her everyday and chat even though she never replied or made a sound, but now i cant even sit down and chat to her picture. in a sense i feel like a little lost child in a big supermarket! in the other hand i cant feel the loss. Ive tried everything from looking at old pictures to going through her clothes but still nothing. is there something wrong with me? i hate being like this i loved my mom so much so why cant i grief now????????
My Beautiful Caring mother was diagnosed with PSP in 2004 She Recieved her angel wings on the 7th of December 2008
tony111b

Postby Robin » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:17 pm

I think that all things are "normal" with regard to dealing with the loss of a loved one.

Maybe you can take a grief counseling class. People in our local support group have been helped tremendously by journaling about grief, talking about grief in a session with others, and even attending "grief yoga" classes.
Robin

Postby les » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:23 pm

I think you are very normal. You have to give yourself time and remember that how ever you feel at that moment is okay. Everyone deals with grief differently. I had a lot a lot of anger that went on for months, I think it was at the disease and I had to work thru it and other people don't get that.

Try not to be so hard on yourself.

Lesley

My mom passed away Jan 29/08 from PSP
les

Return to Grief Support