Prayers Please

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Prayers Please

Postby Crazy Mary » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:57 am

My Father who beat cancer once almost ten years ago is one heck of a fighter. So when they told him they found another tumor last year he knew he had another battle on his hands. The Doctors told him that he was a candidate for a procedure called cyberknife surgery. After reading all of the info and consulting with the Doctors he decided to have the surgery. After several check ups they saw the tumor was getting smaller and we were all very hopefull.
He went for what we were hoping would be another good check up the other day. The tumor is gone,but the radiation did severe damage to his lung. This doesn't happen with all patients actually the procedure has a 98% success level. He lost one third of his left lung those years ago and now he is losing the other lung due to the radiation. He goes back to have a pet scan the 22nd of this month. At that time they will give him more information. He has always been our rock and Mom right behind him. Now I believe we {my sisters and I} are now going to have to try and be his rock.
This news has been harder on him and he has said for some time now that he felt the cancer was back. He has had that mode going where he wants to make sure we are all okay. I myself am scared for him. We are so much alike and because of that have had our battles but we are close.
I know I need to be strong but I don't know if I have it in me now. Losing Bruce and now this. I pray for God to make this okay,make Dad better and then it will all be okay. I don't want to see him suffer not like this not after all he has been through in his life.
Selfishly I want him here for myself and our family. A day doesn't go by that I don't speak to or see Mom and Dad,I'm not ready for another change. So please pray that the Doctors can find a way to stop the damage that is occurring,I know that through prayers miracles can occurr and that is what we need here. If you have that minute pray for him please.
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Postby Marie-Noelle » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:25 am

Mary,I'm back on the forum after a long time out . My husband , Richard , who was in an hospice for 2 years , after 2 years1/2 at home , died the 05 of April 2009 . I want to thank you for help, I was reading every day what you wrote on the forum and you wrote what I was going through so it was a great help. I feel your are a kind of sister through illness . I'll pray for your father , you and your family .( Ed , Joseph , Ruth.... were also so much for me ) THANK YOU .I'll keep you in my heart.Marie-Noëlle
Marie-Noelle

Postby Robin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:32 am

Marie-Noelle,
My condolences on the passing of your husband Richard.
Robin
Robin

Postby eplowman » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Noelle,

And you are in OUR thoughts and prayers. My Rose also was under hospice care for more than two years, though in our home. Having hospice was a blessing for us. The nurses were wonderful.

You will miss Richard dearly, but take comfort in knowing that your loss is his gain. The suffering is forever gone. You took good care of him, and he loved you for that.

All the best in the days ahead. Let us know if we can be of help.

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

prayers

Postby ruthkri » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:39 am

Dear Marie Noelle and Mary, I too believe in prayers and I will pray for your Dad Mary and for you Marie Noelle my prayers are ones of thanks that Richard is now free from PSP though difficult for you we all who have lost our loved ones share your conflicted feelings. Take care of yourself and let your feelings go to the good times. I still miss Bud so terribly and it has been two years but reading the posts on the forum seems to be helpful because we realize how much better they are now that they are
no longer living with the horrors they had to endure and are in Heaven now and have left their wasted body behind. I know that sounds blunt but it helps to think that way and all I now see is my bigger than life husband and he will never fade but it is the good memories that seem to cloud my mind. Hugs to you both. Love, Ruth P.S. Spring has sprung and the world will look brighter.
wife of Bud who received his golden wings March 4, 2007
And now abideth Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest
of these is Love
ruthkri

Postby Crazy Mary » Fri May 08, 2009 12:18 am

Ruth,I wanted to let you know I ruffled a few feathers and think things are going to take a turn with the VA,atleast I hope they will.
I also want to update on my Dad. His Doc put him on some meds that she thinks will help him regain some of the use he has lost in the one lung. However the meds have been hard on him and we aren't seeing much of a difference yet. But we have hope and I think he does too. Which I think will make all of the difference.
I have also been working on a project in hopes of getting donations for PSP research. I called and they sent me out brochures with envelopes and little calenders. I am taking some to some of the bussiness here the rest I will be taking out on the road with me to pow wows and such. Along with the info I got I made up a short bio on Bruce and his battle with the disease. I am hoping that this will draw attention to the fight atleast in our area.
Thank all of you who had my Dad on your prayer lists,you are all very appreciated.
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Postby Crazy Mary » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:22 am

Just want to give an update on Dad and ask for prayers for Bruce's sisters.
First Dad's Doc says even though they almost took him out with the meds,that his lung is much much better. The outlook at this point they say is good as far as his lungs. The cancer is gone and the lung is healing from the burn.
Now Bruce's sisters are both very ill. His sister Madilyn has been diagnosed with cancer and the prognosis isn't good. His sister Margaret is having bad problems with her heart. I definitely believe in the power of prayer,and want to thank all who said that prayer for Dad. Bruce's sisters are in need of the same prayers.
Thank you all
Mary
Crazy Mary

Return to Grief Support