Starting to feel better

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Starting to feel better

Postby les » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:05 am

Hi everyone:

I think I'm finally starting to recover from the grief I was in. I have been feeling a lot better emotionally and I am able to handle life a lot better again. It only took a year and a few months but I guess you can't rush the grieving process.

I always wondered if the pain and anger I felt would subside and it has. I guess it just takes times.

Lesley
my mom Bev passed away Jan 29/08 from PSP
les

Postby Robin » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Lesley,
Glad to hear you are doing better. It also took me about 15 months to feel that I had come out of a fog. Time does help.
Robin
Robin

Postby Crazy Mary » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:27 am

Les,I know I am no where near the point you are discribing but recently I found something that is comforting. I found some old vcr tapes of Bruce playing his guitar and singing. Just hearing his voice comforts me,I always loved to listen to him sing.
It actually has me working on a new project. I am looking for one more tape and when I find it I plan on taking them to a lady who can take the sections of tape of just him and put this on a dvd, This way I and the kids if they want will have a dvd of him playing and singing.
I still miss him horribly though I am not as angry as I had been,especially at those that hurt him. Now I just figure they have to live with what they did. Now I just have to try to live as he would have wanted and that sometimes is quite a chore without him.
I hope that time does help, your post and Robins response are encouraging.
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Postby les » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi Mary - I'm glad I could give some encouragement. I never thought all the bad feelings I had would ease up but they have and I believe it just took a lot of time.

I am still not sure if I can go thru all my mom's stuff yet. I have boxes of her personal papers and stuff to go thru and I have a lot of her clothes to go through which are all in bags. So I guess I'm not all better yet but I feel like I can handle life better.

Hugs,
Lesley
les

Postby cruzgal » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:12 pm

The loss of a loved one is always tough--and I think the closer you were, the longer it may take for the pain to heal.
I'm glad to hear that the grief and pain is easing for both of you.

(((((Hugs))))
Brenda
Beloved Mother-in-Law was PwPSP, dx Sept. 2008 at age 80, symptoms since early 2006.
Elizabeth C. b. 12/14/1927, d. 4/07/2012
cruzgal

Postby cats1424 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi Les,

Thanks for the encouraging news. I'm not in the same place yet but it has only been a little over six months but your news does give me hope. I still hurt and there are still some mornings where I have to force myself to get out of bed and start doing things.

Our first grandbaby was born a little over two weeks ago and my husband should have been here to meet his grandson. He would have been a perfect grandpa.
Diana- Husband diagnosed March 28, 2005. Received his angel wings September 17, 2008 64 years old

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.
Art Buchwald
cats1424

Postby les » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Dear Diana:

It must be very hard to lose a spouse.

I found it very hard to lose my mom because I was so close to her and I guess being a single parent and not having anyone, that's why it was so hard for me.

But I am starting to adjust to life finally. At first it felt so different and it just took a long time to feel semi-comfortable again and I am starting to. I still feel the pain and anger I had at the disease but it is a lot less intense and is beginning to become a more distant memory.

Lesley
les

Return to Grief Support