Losing my Mom

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Losing my Mom

Postby Bonkers » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:09 pm

My Mom is fading away tonight. We have hospice on board. She was always so strong for my Dad during his PSP journey and now there is nothing we can do but watch her go. Her vitals are erractic and her heart is irregular---she's had so much to fight--Alzheimers, heart valve, and now the stomach cancer--at least her fight is almost over. Please keep us in your prayers. No matter how much you prepare yourself and you know it is for the best---it is still sooooo hard. As soon as I get off work I am headed over to the nursing home. I don't think she will last the night----fall is such a pretty time of year and one of my Mom's favorites I think, Good to go home before the snow falls. She just turned 77 on Oct 21 and is one of the "babies" at the nursing home.
Bonkers

Postby Robin » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:39 pm

We'll be thinking of you tonight. Take care of yourself too.
Robin

Postby cats1424 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:07 pm

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Soon, your Mom will be joining your father, I know you are taking comfort in that.
Diana- Husband diagnosed March 28, 2005. Received his angel wings September 17, 2008 64 years old

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.
Art Buchwald
cats1424

Postby nanny » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours
nanny
My husband was diagnosed August 2008 but he has had symptoms since late 2005
nanny

Postby nibby12u » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:23 am

You are so correct in saying "No matter how much you prepare yourself and you know it is for the best---it is still sooooo hard."
You remind me of myself as I had the same thing with my parents but my mom passed away before my dad due to her cancer.
God Bless you I know what you are going through and the feelings your having. Just remember she will be with your Dad happy and healthy again!! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
In Memory of my Father and Dear Friend Roy who passed away 10/13/2008..He is greatly missed and admired for his strength through his fight with the monster PSP!!
nibby12u

Postby Bonkers » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:39 am

Mama went to be with her Lord & Saviour Thursday evening after a long hard battle. She had Alzheimers, a bad heart valve, and stomach cancer. But no matter how bad things ever got for Mom while she had Daddy--she always took care of Dad as he fouoght PSP despite all of her own problems.

I am so numb and so full of pain. I didn't realize how much love I really held for Mom. I knew I loved her--but I just didn't realize HOW MUCH. She, of all people, was my very life.
Bonkers

dear bonkers

Postby ruthkri » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:00 pm

Dear Bonkers, I grieve with you and send my deep sorrow and blessings too. We have all fought the battle and know you will remember only the good times now Fondly Ruth Kri
wife of Bud who received his golden wings March 4, 2007
And now abideth Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest
of these is Love
ruthkri

Postby LRS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:11 am

Bonkers,
My prayers are with you. My heart breaks for you. Take comfort in knowing that your mom and dad are together again. May God bless you with Peace.
Lisa
*Mom, Jean, 72, symptoms of PSP since 9/07, diagnosis of possible PSP 2/08, met her Savior 9/15/08.*
LRS

Return to Grief Support