Postby ckiefer » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:33 am

He's not gone
yet I grieve for him

He’s not gone
yet I weep for him

He’s not gone
yet I still look for him

He’s not gone, He’s not gone

On November 8, 2005 I lost my mother-in-law to what was believed parkinson's plus, On November 9, 2007 my husband received the diagnosis of PSP. My father is ill and is being referred to a Neurologist tomorrow, they suspect Parkinson's Disease. Today I received word that my husband's aunt, who has been suffering from Alzheimers has passed on. My heart weeps, but he's not gone...
Diagnosis of PSP November 9, 2007
Age at diagnosis 59
ckiefer

Postby les » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:27 am

I am so sorry for all of your grief. My mom died from PSP on January 29th, 2008. It is so very hard.

Lesley
les

Postby ckiefer » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:15 am

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, I'm sure you miss her very much. I'm sending you a big hug, I hope you feel it!!!
It may sound crazy, but I still talk to my mother in law when no one is listening....
My father did receive a diagnosis of parkinson's disease on Friday. I hope that he is able to find some benefit from the medication.
Good night les....
Age at diagnosis 59
ckiefer

Postby Robin » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Comparatively speaking, PD would be an easier diagnosis for patient and caregiver. Lifespan is nearly normal for those taking Sinemet.
Robin

Postby immacula » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:23 am

Hi,

I just wanted to comment that the little poem you just posted is so simple but so pure. I am sorry that you are going through so much and especially that you are on the start of this disease PSP. On this coming Monday it will be the first anniversary of my husband's death as he passed two weeks after his 65th birthday.

Always...Donna
Donna...wife of John...b.June 3, 1942, died June 16, 2007
St.Jude, Saint of the Impossible
immacula

Postby ckiefer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:22 am

Donna,
I'm glad that you liked my little poem.

I wanted you to know that I will be thinking of you on Monday, sending you a nice warm hug, and hoping that you feel it. Do something special for yourself on that day, I think he would like that.....

Loving thoughts your way,
Carol
Age at diagnosis 59
ckiefer

Postby afernando » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 pm

OMG. Thank you for a wonderful poem.
"Hug" and prayers.

I lost my Dad to a stroke Nov 2006. My Mom to PSP Nov 2010. Divorced in 2009. An aunt passed in 2009. And also in 2009 I had to put to sleep two cats: one with cancer and the other with kidney failure.

My mom was diagnosed in 2006. Watching her slowly decline was the worst of it all.

Your poem captures that feeling so elegantly.
afernando

Postby ckiefer » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:34 pm

afernando,

That is a lot to deal with in such a short period of time! I'm right there with you though.

I didn't even think of it as a poem really, just the thoughts that were in my head at the time and writing them down.

I suppose it could be viewed as me being selfish, missing those days when we laughed and played together.

Forgive me....I can't even think right now.....there just seems to be no words left in my brain. Perhaps brain fog from the hypothyroidism, menopause, stress....who knows. I surely do not. Just doing the best I can...

To all those who have lost their loved ones and did not receive a word of condolence from me, I am not ignoring you, I am not "not" feeling your
pain, I am not "not" crying with you.....I am there with you always in spirit, cradling you in my arms feeling your pain and tasting your tears with my kisses....

I have to go now....and try to forget the pain for awhile, put on my happy face for my guy because......he not gone.....
Age at diagnosis 59
ckiefer

Return to Grief Support