Changes to my life

This topic is for information and sharing exchanges between PSP and CBD patients.

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Changes to my life

Postby Kenneth Lougee » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:44 am

I was diagnosed with PSP in August. I am a practising Attorney and have taught college history. In addition to my J.D. I have a M.A. in American History.

I feel like my life is upside down. I can't drive. I have to go to physical therepy (Which has helped my balance greatly). The throat doctor says I have changes to my vocal cords and I have trouble swollowing. I am supposed to go to speach therepy this month.

I am still working at a high level. I am worried about mental changes. My work depends upon a great deal of creativity. I write a lot of material. I don't know how long I can keep this up.

No one gives me any idea how fast this is progressing. I'm sorry for sounding so down but I get so frustrated by the feeling that things beyond my control are at play. Does anyone have a good word?
Kenneth Lougee

Postby Robin » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:57 am

Three good words:
* you derive benefit from PT
* you are still able to type
* you still have your wits about you.

Who is your MD in UT? Most of the time why my dad (path-confirmed PSP) was dealing with PSP, he lived in UT. We saw Dr. John Steffens at the U, and thought he was terrific. Our primary care physician is in Sandy; he was terrific too.

I hope you will be able to practice law for a long time to come!
Robin

Postby abhihbti » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:43 am

Hi Dear

Please don't feel low,your efforts are commendble, against all odds.
You set an example for others.
With Regards
Abhishek
From Delhi, India
abhihbti

Return to For PSP/CBD Patients Only