new year

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

new year

Postby ruthkri » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:12 pm

HELLO TO ALL, FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE VISITED WITH GOOD NEWS, SAD NEWS AND GENERAL HOPEFUL NEWS, I WISH A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR WITH HOPES FOR THOSE STILL WITH US AND MEMORIES OF THOSE WE CARED FOR. MAY WE NEVER FORGET EACH OTHER. LETS CONTINUE TO SAY HI EVERY NOW AND THEN. hUGS TO YOU ALL. RUTHKRI
wife of Bud who received his golden wings March 4, 2007
And now abideth Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest
of these is Love
ruthkri

Postby Robin » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Same to you Ruth!
Robin

Postby eplowman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank you, Ruth. Wishing you -- and all here -- the same. Your insightful messages of hope and comfort have helped and inspired many here. Keep them coming!

ed p.

p.s. I'm now living part of the year in northern Virginia (where I have young grandchildren) and part of the year in green and hilly East Texas. Two weeks ago, the temperature in Longview hit 80 degrees, a record for this time of year!!! But it sure beat the snow, sub-freezing temps, and bitterly cold winds during Christmas week in northern Virginia and East Coast. (My 18-yr-old grandson and I had to cancel a rail visit to Philadelphia the day after the blizzard there.) My Southwest flight to Dallas on Thursday had its Chicago portion of the trip canceled due to weather conditions there; 20 of us had the entire plane to ourselves to Texas. Back here in Longview a day later (today), it is in the high 60s, just delightful. One of these days, I need to travel next door to you -- suburban Chicago and Ann Arbor, Mich. -- but it sure ain't gonna happen before the spring thaw! <big grin>
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby denjohn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Just wanted to say a quick hello and a late Happy New Year to the forum family. Each of you helped me so much just a few years back as I spent time with my Becky. She went home July 23, 08.
Sorry I haven't kept up with "the family" here--though I have checked in to read on occasion.
After a year of loneliness I am blessed to be remarried to a wonderful lady in Arkansas--Janet is her name. We were blessed to find each other and are happy together. Our mutual friend, (God) led us together.
Today would have been mine and Becky's 50 anniversary and maybe that's why I checked in again today to honor her through touching base with you.

God bless each and all.
Denny J.
Now in Malvern AR.
:D
My wife, Becky, was diagnosed to have PSP in Feb 2006. She had symptoms at least a year before diagnosis. She entered heaven at 5:23 PM on July 23rd. 2008.
denjohn

be happy

Postby ruthkri » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Dear Denny. So glad to hear of your new life with Janet. Be happy together. You were a kind and caring husband to Becky and if you can
have a new life it is so good for now you appreciate the little things that you have missed, The best to you both, Ruth Kri
wife of Bud who received his golden wings March 4, 2007
And now abideth Faith, Hope and Love and the greatest
of these is Love
ruthkri

Postby eplowman » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:42 pm

Denny,

Good to hear from you. Congratulations. I sent you an email (via your profile address). I hope we can visit sometime.

ed p.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby Robin » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Denny,
What wonderful news! Congratulations to you!
Robin
Robin

Return to The Back Porch