Porch Talk

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Porch Talk

Postby willru602 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am

Well...Porch People...I had my first "crisis" day after my sweetheart's funeral! He would have teased me about it and so I decided to turn it into a matter of laughter for that reason.

The funeral was on Friday April 9th and Saturday we had leftover family and some loose ends to tie up so we loaded into someone's van and took off to take care of matters. They dropped me off at home and before coming in, I walked to the mailbox at the end of my driveway to pick up my mail. When I put my key in the door, it would not work..I have my house key marked with a certain color jacket...I turned and twisted and the key would not open my door...then I noticed I'd put the same color jacket on daughter's key to the lake house.

Thank God for cell phones! ha I sat down on the steps and dialed my daughter and told her I had my first crisis of being single...ha...she said, WHAT! thinking it was going to be something terrible...told her I had locked myself out of the house...she giggled...and I giggled...and she came right over to let me in...

I came right in and put a key in a secret place....smart...right...wait...that isn't the end...ha....I went to church on Sunday and guess what...I put the in the secret place but didn't put one on my keyring so had to use the secret key right off...good think I was half smart!

I guess that's the dumbest think I've done so far but for more than 10 years we'd not locked the doors except at night and never had to worry about getting locked out because someone was always coming in or out..so having to get adjusted to this new life...am doing well, back in church and keeping busy. God is good...

Ru
http://photobucket.com/albums/i76/willru602/
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
willru602

Postby Crazy Mary » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:30 am

RU, First I would like to say I am sorry about your loss,I haven't been on much and have had alot going with my daughter.
Now I want to say you should be proud atleast you remembered where the secret place was,I probably wouldn't have. I've got to tell you one. I went to pick up the camper out of storage. I drove home no problem but when I went to shut it off,it didn't shut off. It took me a minute to realize the key had broke off in the ignition. I did get it shut off but the key is still in the ignition. Haven't figured out how I'm going to get it out yet.
You take care of yourself, your one heck of a Lady. Again I am sorry.
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Return to The Back Porch