Pow wpw time

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Pow wpw time

Postby Crazy Mary » Fri May 22, 2009 12:16 am

Well I will be on my way in the morning to do my first pow wow in many years now. I do so without my navigator and the one who encouraged and comforted me on these trips. But it's time to see if I can handle it on my own.
I recently did up several displays with info and donation info for PSP,I am told that the displays I have out are getting hits and people are asking whats that.
So I decided for pow wow instead of painting the arrowheads like I've done in the past. But to paint rocks and on these rocks I have put messages giving the cure psp.org site as well as other things. These I have added to the same type of displays I already did.
Madi our youngest granddaughter who had such a connection to her Pepop, painted rocks for the flower garden. She said they were for Pepop she wanted to know if he could see them from heaven. My response was this. "Of course he can,Jesus is with him and they are both looking at your beautiful rocks". The child just amazes me with the things that she says and does for being so young.
It was such a treat watching her paint her rocks so carefully and with love. We had a wonderful busy day. Her playing and painting and me trying to get everything packed for pow wow. I can't wait until she is big enough for the two of us to take these trips together. She'd make a heck of a navigator. :)
I am hoping for a good trip as I need the distraction from dealing with the VA and other things.
I hope you all have a good Memorial weekend.
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Postby cruzgal » Fri May 22, 2009 11:04 pm

Good for you, Mary! I'm sure you'll do fine at the Pow Wow...where is it and how far a trip?

We went to one in Taos, NM, last summer and enjoyed it immensely. I'd love to see some of your work...do you have pics posted anywhere of your paintings?

Good luck, have fun and travel safe!
Brenda
Beloved Mother-in-Law was PwPSP, dx Sept. 2008 at age 80, symptoms since early 2006.
Elizabeth C. b. 12/14/1927, d. 4/07/2012
cruzgal

Postby Crazy Mary » Sat May 30, 2009 12:33 am

Brenda,I hope you don't think me a nut,however there is a reason they call me Crazy Mary. I just noticed that I posted my reply to you under new topic. DUH !! I also noticed I spelled pow wow wrong on this posting.
I also apologize for taking so long to post back. I have been working on my crafts in hopes of being able to make some kind of an income again.
I decided I needed a little break today. As the grandkids will all be here for the day and a sleep over Saturday. I needed to put things up and child proof the place.
I'm interested in seeing how all the kids and the cats and dog get along. The one cat Bud {who was wild and I brought in} is still a little antsy around other people and Pepper gets a little jealous because she thinks she should have all the attention.Boo Boo kitty just wants to play with everyone,so no problem there. It will definitely be an interesting day and night. It may get a little crowded in the bed what with the cats the dog and kids all trying to make themselves a spot. :D
Missy my youngest will be here so I will try to get her to post some pics of my crafts for me.
You all take care
Mary [/list]
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Postby cruzgal » Sun May 31, 2009 10:58 am

No problem, Mary! I did see your other post...I pretty much read everything that gets posted except announcements for meetings, etc. that I know aren't of interest to me personally.

Hope you had/are having a great time with the grandkids. We just had our first GREAT-grandson and they're all just that: First Grand and now Great!

I'm glad you're getting back into your crafts--I have a project (scrapbook album for a favorite nephew's wedding) that I simply MUST get started on! In fact, I'm on my way to pick up copies of wedding pictures and remaining supplies today. I love doing crafts, but sometimes it's just hard to get in the mood--and have time--to do them.

Brenda
Beloved Mother-in-Law was PwPSP, dx Sept. 2008 at age 80, symptoms since early 2006.
Elizabeth C. b. 12/14/1927, d. 4/07/2012
cruzgal

Postby Crazy Mary » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:01 am

Brenda
I know what you mean about time. But now that I have to have the crafts to help pay bills it's a have to situation. We all survived the night,however the cats finally went into hiding and poor Pepper as well. What I think is so amazing is how much energy the kids have.
If we could just figure out a way to bottle that up we'd all be rich and we'd get all kind of stuff done.
I came home today after Jen's baby shower and I was just exhausted. I'm not much for crowds in small areas so I ended up outside with the kids. I find it amazing to listen to them as they talk. The things they do and say are just so full of honesty and some times as adults I think it wouldn't hurt us to think a little as the kids do. I video taped a little while they were playing on the swing and handling their own little spats along with other things. It was so cute the way they were working things out on their own at such young ages. The oldest was my Granddaughter Hailey who is six and of course she was {or so she thought } the leader,and take it from there.
Jen is due this time around Bruce's Birthday which is July 6th,but I don't think she is going to go that long. The baby {a boy} is already just over 5lbs and she just looks so uncomfortable. She has crone's and that has made it harder on her. Her sister Missy was a great help with the shower as she and I both stepped in after the girl who was going to host it had gone into early labor herself. Her baby girl born a few weeks ago only weighs four pounds,but is home and healthy. She is so tiny though, another one of God's little miracles.
You said you do scrapbooking, both of the girls are doing some scrapbooking. I saw some really neat things done on the line of scrapbooking. I got them both personalized cookbooks this Christmas and put a couple of my recipes in them.Have you done the picture quilts,or do they fall in that category?
I envy people who can do those things.I put photo albums together for both of the boys when Bruce got sick,so they would have a photo history. It took forever to get done. Trying to sort and put photos together sense Bruce has been gone has been mind boggling at times. However it has been interesting to find thier family history in them. I'm sure your nephew will appreciate what you are doing.
We didn't get to work on the computer while Miss was here but with school out maybe we still have a chance.
Have a good one
Mary
Crazy Mary

Return to The Back Porch