Stress test

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Stress test

Postby Crazy Mary » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 am

Well,I finally did it. I had the stress test to see how bad the blockage was they said I had on the right side. Mind you the Doc that told me I had blockage only did a doppler and became angry when I told him that if it wasn't more than 60% or more I wasn't having anything done because I needed to be able to care for Bruce. Anyway this stress test showed no blockage at all. However they still do not know why there is such a drastic difference in the bp and pulse readings in that arm or why I have the palpatations and irregular heart beat periodically. The Doc said to just call or come in when I am having these espisodes and hopefully we will figure it out but at this point he doesn't see any reason to do a cath. Suites me fine,I wasn't looking to forward to that.
Now back to that test. It really is not something I would like to do again. I was hurting in my back and hips pretty good that day. I wasn't aware I would have to lay on a table that was hard as a rock. So after the half hour of laying on that thing and hurting the whole time. They thought I could walk that tread mill which kept going up hill. I did it.but I am sure I looked a sight hanging on to that machine like I was,my hips were in such pain. Oh and while I was doing that they decide to take my bp. Of course it was high,I wasn't able to stay on but a few minutes. They said they got what they needed though so that's good,cause I couldn't have got on that thing again. Okay you would think at this point I was hurting enough. Oh No,they put me back on that xxxx table. I almost called for a wheel chair to get to the car.
I am a little confused about the difference in what the two Docs have said but I am assuming that the stress test is more accurate than just a doppler. Today I saw the pulmonary Doc and he said that if I start taking care of myself I will be around long enough to torment my children :twisted: .
So all in all I'm doing good if I could just stop the back pain I'd be good. You should've seen that Techs face when it was time for me to come off that table and I couldn't move my legs right away. I think I scared her.
Hey Ed if your out there have you ever heard of getting such drastic differences in readings from one arm to the other like that without blockage? If they take my pulse on the right side it can be in the 40's and the left is in the 80's or higher. It goes the same with the bp sometimes they can't get a pulse or bp in the right arm it's so low. For years I just put it to the problems with my spine but they are telling me that it has nothing to do with it.
I heard from Mark the other day,for those who don't know he's in Irag right now. He says he's doing okay. We put together a care package with goodies for him for easter and his birthday. We were able to get quite a few girl scout cookies,easter candies and some personal items for the him and the unit he is with. There is so much that I am going to need two big boxes this time. People are great when they know that we're sending things over it was great that they wanted to add to the box. I just hope it holds up in shipping.
Thanks all for letting me go on and on.
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Postby Robin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:49 am

Mary,
Glad to hear the stress test results were good. I think heart problems can be as mysterious as PSP sometimes...
Robin

PS. Hope you saved a box of GS cookies for yourself!
Robin

Postby Crazy Mary » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:24 am

Actually I kept a box of peanut butter for me and Pepper to share. She loves them,Bruce got her started on them. :)
Mary
wife of Bruce 54 years old diag.2003 symptoms since 2001. Freed of PSP on Aug. 19th 2008
Crazy Mary

Postby Robin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 am

Funny....I was going to mention how I'm sure the dog would love the GS cookies too! ;-) (I didn't because I couldn't remember Pepper's name.)
Robin

Postby LRS » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:58 am

Hey Mary,
We haven't emailed in a bit, I didn't even know you were having the stress test. Did you have the treadmill one, or that awful nuclear one? I have one every few years, last time they wanted to do the nuclear one....nearly scared me too death. It was horrible, from now on, I'll take the treadmill. I am just praising God that you don't have any blockages. I hope this might be encouraging to you. I've had heart problems for over 15 years now, my heart is healthy (so they tell me), no high bp, no high cholesterol..etc. But, for 15 years I have had really bad spells of PVC's and PAC's (premature contractions). Somehow, my weird little heart will just start "flopping around." I've had some really bad times with it, sometimes, episodes where it is skipping, fluttering for over 12 hours at a time. I've been to the hospital many times...scared out of my mind. But, now after 15 odd years, I am handling it better. Well, the Lord has really been working on it too...it's much better than it was, the episodes are way further apart, and not nearly as severe. Anyhow, my point was, even though they don't know why my heart does this...it in their opinion is nothing life threatening. Just something that you have to really work hard to adjust to. Did they check your thyroid function? Sometimes the thyroid can make your heart go whacky. And, kind of personal, but are you going through perimenopause? I am, and mine really acts up worse when my hormones get whacky. And, I don't know the answer to the bp being so different in your arms. But, I know sometimes, most times actually, the nurses can't get a bp reading on me, especially using the digital cuff. When they get out the old reliable ones, they usually get a reading, and my husband never has a problem reading mine. So, a bit of your problem could be with who's checking your bp too. Anyhow, just smile and say thank you God for no blockages. And, I pray you get help with your back. Write me sometime, when you get the chance.
Hugs
Lisa
*Mom, Jean, 72, symptoms of PSP since 9/07, diagnosis of possible PSP 2/08, met her Savior 9/15/08.*
LRS

Postby Crazy Mary » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:53 am

Lisa,yes I am thankful for no blockage and yes it was the treadmill. But I didn't think much of it because of laying on that table. I do have palpatations horribly sometimes and for quit awhile but I learned to just wait it out when Bruce was here. They seem to be putting it to stress but the bp is something that has gone on sense before Bruce got sick. Noone really can tell me why. But I get the same thing when I take it manually or with a electronic cuff. They have me on Toprol but my bp took a turn the other direction and for now I am not taking it.
At this point I think if they say it's not broke I'll take their word and just go on. Eventually we may figure it out and maybe we won't either way God is the only one who really knows and he'll let me know when he thinks it's necessary.
How is everyone there? Well I hope. Are you all getting out doing that yard work yet? It seems here everytime I start it either rains like cats and dogs or snows. It's hard to know what to do. I have three trees and a bush I need to put in but am waiting for the weather to stabilize some. I've been working on the house as usual,helps me keep my mind off things. I will try to e-mail you a picture of my last venture in remodeling, Next I start on the patio Bruce and I wanted to put in. I have had the rock sitting against the fence for a couple of years now,so I guess it is time to use.
You all take care and keep in touch.
Mary
Crazy Mary

Return to The Back Porch