Dr. Golbe's blog

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dr. Golbe's blog

Postby zymurgy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Robin,
I am aware of the new PSP Registry and Blog from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. http://psp-blog.org/ Since it is done by Dr. Golbe of CurePSP, by being on this site are we automatically included in the registry?

Thanks
Christine
zymurgy

Re: Dr. Golbe's blog

Postby eplowman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Christine,

Each patient or patient's rep must sign up individually for the registry that Dr. Golbe mentions on his blog.

The web link for signing up is:

http://www.appsrv1.rwjms.rutgers.edu/PSPRegistry/pub/subscribeform.aspx

We owe Dr. Golbe gratitude for all that he is doing in the quest to stop PSP.

I found interesting his observation that an increasing number of Alzheimer's researchers are looking more closely at PSP as the possible key to finding a cure for A.D.

ed p.
Last edited by eplowman on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby zymurgy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:47 am

Ed, for some reason I found the link you posted would not work for me, hence the one I used, which took me to to Home page and then to the Patients and Caregivers page. We were given your link at a PSP support group meeting here in LA.

Here's hoping the blog gets a lot of viewers.
Christine
zymurgy

Postby eplowman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Christine,

Apologies. The link should work now. The problem was that our forum software requires that when we copy and paste an email link, we must =manually= insert www. at the beginning of the link -- before we highlight the link and click the URL box on the forum post (compose) menu at the top of the compose screen. In my haste, I forgot to do that. Instead, absent the www., the [URL] box simply rendered its format as plain text instead of an action code.

Ed
|My wife of 56 years was Rose b. 1930, dx 1999, symptoms from 1997; d. 06/21/08; PSP-rs autopsy confirmed.
eplowman

Postby Robin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:55 pm

Christine,
Thanks for posting!

Ed,
Yes, I first learned about that angle several years ago from Dr. Boxer at UCSF. That was the point of the Davunetide trial. And it proved to researchers interested in tau that a international trial could be done.
Robin
Robin

Return to Family Caregiver Resources