In-home caregiving

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

In-home caregiving

Postby kgrg4 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

My mother was diagnosed with PSP in 2008 in India and has been in US since 2009. She is not able to move and usually on the bed or wheelchair. She won't be eligible for Medicaid until 2015 end. She lives with me and my dad is her primary caregiver. We do get some county care for about 4.5 hours a day which is helpful. I am in Chicago land and wanted to know if there any other resources available for patient care. Also I am looking on some guidance on home care giving such as what assisting equipment to buy in the house to help her in the bed/urination/bath etc. since she is bed bound.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!!
kgrg4

Re: In-home caregiving

Postby Robin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:44 am

Have you contacted the PSP/CBD support group leader for the Chicago area? His info is: Darren Loveless, 847-729-0000, darrenloveless@yahoo.com

There's also at least one other person who is a member here whose parent is seen by neurologists in the Chicago area. You could do a search of past posts looking for Chicago, Rush, or Northwestern.

I think the best resource to advise you about equipment is an OT, occupational therapist. Ask your mother's local neurologist for a referral to one.
Robin

Return to Family Caregiver Resources