Help for families living with PSP in South Texas..

Moderators: Moderator, phpBB2 - Administrators

Help for families living with PSP in South Texas..

Postby rachbaker » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:29 pm

I am looking for families who are living with PSP in South Texas. My Dad suffered from PSP and we were incredibly fortunate with the outpouring of support from personal relationships in the medical community. We would like to find a family in South Texas who could benefit from some of the equipment and resources that we have. Please respond to this post if you or anyone you know are in the South Texas area and are in need of assistance.
rachbaker

Re: Help for families living with PSP in South Texas..

Postby Robin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:58 pm

What is "south Texas"? San Antonio? CC?

Have you contacted the Houston PSP support group leader, Karen Kennemer, to see if she knows anyone near you? She's at kmk1224@aol.com.

Also, CurePSP has a list of "PSP communicators" on its website. You can check that list to see if anyone is near you.
Robin

Postby rachbaker » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:16 pm

San Antonio, Austin, Corpus, Houston, etc.. I have spoken with Karen. She is working with me to find a family who can benefit from the resources that we have. I will also check the CurePSP site. Thank you.
rachbaker

Postby gulfcoastpsp » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:27 am

Hello. We have so many solutions to discuss with you and your family. You stated equipment. Not many in the CurePSP family is aware of "The Vest" a CPT solution and life saver with families dealing with aspiration/swallow issues. Another solution is Vitalstim therapy particularly patients with PSP Stage 3.
gulfcoastpsp

Postby Robin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Much of what others have posted here is negative with regard to VitalStim.
Robin

Return to Family Caregiver Resources